It feels like it’s been forever and a day since I’ve been here.
Maybe it’s because it’s been forever and a day since I’ve been here.
I mean November 17th feels like a lifetime ago thanks to the busyness and family over the holidays.
I didn’t finish my tale in time for NaNoWriMo, but that doesn’t mean I’ve not been working on it when time is gifted to me. It’s just over half way…maybe two thirds of the way complete. And I love it now more than ever! My Charlie is a total “To *sigh* for…”
Star Wars – Episode VII: The Force Awakens … No spoilers, promise. I just have to say I saw it Thursday the 17th of December. I had tears and goosebumps and I LOVED it so much as well as deciding to pen a scathing email to JJ Abrams about why I LOVED it and not… It was amazing. I have theories upon theories of what’s to come, including Rey’s history. We have our teams here, too: Pro Han/Leia, Con Luke… And Kylo Ren…Ugh. BB-8 is the most adorable droid. I’ve always considered Artoo a toddler, and now I consider BB the adorable dog… Just so much to say…but again, I am going to keep this spoiler free.
Holidays were a blast, and so busy, and stressful, and just some good [and yet puzzling, literally] times.
Hoping everyone’s new year is off to the greatest of all starts. So far, this is a fantastic year! Even if I started off by getting sick for Christmas and am still trying to rid the bug. But, being bed ridden means I got to fulfill a promise I made to a youngling and have been binge watching PLL. Finally, right?
Pretty Little Liars, thanks to Netflix….I’m trying to think of why I hadn’t watched this show before. Currently halfway through season 3. I know the first A. Thanks to a spoiler addict, I know the second A, but that didn’t stop me from screaming at the screen when I saw Toby in a certain type of outfit at the end of an episode… Don’t think I’ve yelled that much at a screen since Breaking Dawn part 2…when certain things happened. (Sadly or not, that’s entirely true.) So, please, if you are ahead of me, no spoilers, I beg of you.
I’m not sure that’s the correct word, but (1) I like the way it sounds/looks up there, and (2) I always make up my own words for things so it wouldn’t surprise me if it is wrong. I don’t typically share my plans for the year, but then I typically don’t make plans for the year…Not that I’m lackadaisical, I just don’t. But, for some reason, this year I did make a few to share. (Maybe it’s because of the nine theme I’m going with for the year.)
- Finish Wings. Pretty easy as it’s almost done. Will I publish it, though? Meh. Probably not. I’m totally writing this for myself because I have had a Dickens of a time trying to find a sweet, typical-yet-different romcom to read…hell, to watch since most I’ve seen about a million times over and am craving something new.
- Write, write, write. I have another story idea that seems to want to bloom…so okay. That one may be a “publisher” when all is said and done. Then HT seems to be invading my daydreams lately…so I may pull out the opus and work away on it again.
- Put more of my works out there. Whether it’s sending to agents, putting them here in some capacity, on the road to getting published, or even taking it to self-pub or free site levels. In some way, this needs to be done before 2016 is out.
- Read more, review more. 100 books to be exact. At least according to my Goodreads reading goal challenge I filled out a few days ago. Already have one book read. 99 left to go for 2016.
- Blog more. Why? Because maybe I don’t do it enough [according to the internet rules for authors]. Although if I am blogging more, I’ll definitely be blathering on about either something fangirly or something on my mind…which might not be as good as I think.
- Eat pizza again. Stupid to resolute that, but I miss food. Sulphite (Sulfite) allergies SUCK! And I am so starving to death, though I may not look like it. PIZZA! PLEASE! Plain cheese…I’m even desperate enough to do rice or gluten-free crusts…just YES!
- Help kids/pets more. I do already help out with kids through a school, but ever since I heard this story of this toddler being left alone at Children’s hospital because his family couldn’t stay with him…i still cry…it’s the saddest thing that they had to leave this toddler behind…and I want to go up there, play and talk to them because they need to know they have someone on their side. My biggest problem is finding enough time in a day. I’m seriously thinking of forgoing my yearly trek to San Diego for Comic Con this summer and hanging out with those kids instead. It would definitely be more fulfilling. A child with a smile you gave them is better than all the panels and autographs in the world. Pets…I want to help at the animal shelters…if only I could move past the attachment thing I do with animals. Ask my mom about the snakes, turtles, crayfish, dogs, cats and whatever other animals I’d find in the street and bring home to either set free as it should be, find a home for, or even find the owners of…I’d have kept them all if she had let me.
- Try to lose weight again. After the sulphite (sulfite–I keep doing this because no one can agree how to spell it, though I’ve noticed the ‘ph’ is more abroad than US) scare last September/October, I haven’t done any exercising. Not because I don’t want to, but because I don’t want to go to the hospital because I can’t breathe again or wind up with a reaction so bad, I look like a horrible creature crawling from a pit of lava–again.
- You think for this last one, I’d put something major, something awesomely philanthropic, or something life-altering. It is to me, though no one else would get it…but I know I’m close to this…and maybe this is my year. But it is a very private, a soul-searching thing…I resolute it, but I won’t say it here.
No worries, though. If 9 does happen, I think I’d blab it here third…after my friends and something…maybe.
I do hope this new year brings about happiness and prosperity for all of you.
Just remember: There’s nothing like a laugh and a smile.
all gifs found on/made by giphy.com…